Tweet This!

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Escape from reality


So I happily disappeared for a while today into AMISH COUNTRY! A getaway with the Relief Society from the Singles Branch here is just what I needed.

Imagine. A cheese factory with over 30 different kinds of cheeses, and FREE SAMPLES of every. single. kind. It was absolutely amazing how tasty that cheese was and how many different kinds there were. Joyce, you would have loved this. I made the purchase of Tomato & Garlic so that I can have tasty grilled cheese sandwiches during my last week here.



Not only did they have every kind of cheese possible (my favorite is Gouda!),



but they also had cream cheese that you tasted with pretzel sticks. Finally, they have somehow managed to make, out of some kind of cream cheese, CHOCOLATE flavors. It was incredible. It tasted basically like fudge. They had chocolate mint, peanut butter, chocolate nut... Needless to say, I was a happy girl.

After a while of that we crossed the street to the bakery where we got to taste different kinds of bread and brownies.

Then we went to lunch.


I am so happy that I am a member of the church so that whenever I move to places alone, I have built in friends. Now I'm off to work where I have no idea what kind of reception I'm going to get...

3 comments:

  1. you are SO right, i would have love love loved that WHOLE activity! i'm just a teeny bit jealous;) i'm glad you found some kindred spirits in that strange land...outerspace

    ReplyDelete