Tweet This!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Fine

The most frequent lie in the English language: "Fine."

I've heard it and used it millions of times. In my head there are so many other things going on.

I wanted to say:

"I wish you would've asked me before just assuming thats what I wanted."

"I'm scared, and I don't want you to go because if you do that makes it the end."

"You may need to fight for this, but it is probably worth fighting for."

"Just because I love it, that doesn't mean this isn't a real job/career. I didn't ask for your advice."

"I'm sad to say goodbye."

"I'd prefer Chinese food over Thai food."

"You've been the wonderful kind of person and friend that has brought out the side of me I've always been afraid to share."

"It drives me crazy when the dishwasher gets loaded in such a messy and irrational way."

But each time all I said was, "fine."

4 comments:

  1. ugh this is sad. are you alright?
    ps "It drives me crazy when the dishwasher gets loaded in such a messy and irrational way."
    I HEAR YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya i'm totally good. I was thinking about "fine".

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are simply so profound Lizzie. im really glad we're friends:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't realized that, but I do say "fine" instead of what I really want to say sometimes. I think I ust said it to Sam a few minutes ago.

    ReplyDelete