Tweet This!

Monday, December 7, 2009

Chapter 9: CLEVELAND!

It looks like the drudgery of job hunting has been put on hold, at least for a few months. I found a job! Its actually just a paid internship, but I'm pretty stoked about it. I will be working as the Assistant Stage Manager at the Cleveland Playhouse from Dec 28 - Early May. Yup, Dec 28. Unfortunately I will be leaving Utah the day after Christmas. Bummer! As happy as I am to have not only a gig, but a gig that lasts until May, I'm still sad to be leaving.

I will definitely be missing this:



And of course, THESE:


It is definitely a bitter sweet thing to get a job. When I heard the news I was almost more sad than happy, until I talked to my friends about it.

Gen cheered me right up by saying she was jealous of me, which NEVER happens. :) And my two friends that live in Cleveland were SO EXCITED. I definitely loved the voicemail. "The moment you get your bags unpacked I'm gonna be waiting on the curb and we're gonna have the time of our lives."

Its exciting, scary, important, soon, and awesome. I'm happy that my family is so supportive, and I'm so grateful for all of my theatre friends that are encouraging me because they know how great of an opportunity it is. I have friends all over the country now. It makes going to a new place a lot less scary.

I guess I'm goin back to Ohio. Man...I'm gonna be freezing...



3 comments:

  1. What does Cleveland have that Murray doesn't?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! I'm so excited for you! What a fun adventure, like you said. Plus its great that its such a long gig.
    Best of luck!!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adventure! I don't know anything about Cleveland! :) It is closer to MD/DE than UT though. Hope you know our door is always open if you need a "family" fix. My kids will climb all over you, it would be great. :)

    ReplyDelete