You'd think that it would make all of this easier, but it doesn't. The last week before I left was just full of goodbyes. It was fun to see everyone, but always ended with, "when will I see you again?"
My Westminster friends are the ones who helped me discover my love for theatre. I feel like they understand better than most why it is I'm moving across the country. We went to the park and ate ice cream sundaes then played games.
Along with these goodbyes, I also visited with Lauren and Eric from Katie's ward, and my singles ward friends. Everyone was so sweet to me.
Afterwards I spent the day with Dad. He took me to Home Depot to buy tools so I can put my furniture together. Then we spent hours in stores deciding on the perfect TV, only to find that it was sold out! Don't fret, I went to another Costco that night and bought it.
...then spent a while with Gran. She taught me how to crochet and gave me a bunch of yarn. I've started the afghan I am making for her. Its still really small...
Katie and I spent Friday all over the place getting ready for the move. I definitely took on too many projects. I completely lost track of time and didn't get everything accomplished that I intended. The family went to Ihop for the traditional fairwell "breakfast"
...then I went back to Sandy and met up with Meghan so she could help me pack up the car. I've mentioned it before, her "secret talent" is packing cars. She is so good at it.
I completely crashed around 11 and got up at 6:30 to finish getting ready. I said goodbye to Katie when she left for work and basically didn't fully stop crying until I was almost to Park City. Dad was the best ever and made sure to check my tires and get me a map.
Now I'm in Cleveland feeling a lot better, but sad that I don't get to go home until Christmas.
Hey East Coast family members, I am free for Thanksgiving and am taking offers now.
Oh! I hope you're feeling settled. I know you'll adjust and it will be a wonderful adventure. I'm glad we got to hang before you left. Gotta say, I'm sad I'm not worthy to make the blog though as one of your "farewell" visits :)
ReplyDeleteWe miss you so much!! I am still getting used to the fact that you aren't here. Sam and I were sad when we realized we had an extra shelf in the fridge and pantry. I am glad you got there safe. You did forget to mention we bought your whole apartment at IKEA, and that it all fit in your jeep.
ReplyDeleteyou have east coast family members?
ReplyDeleteoh lizzie. everybody loves lizzie, meh.
ReplyDeletejust kidding, moving is hard. no matter times you do it, its always sad saying goodbye. especially to the little ones, granny and dad. and pets...and katie.....saying goodbye is just sad all around. but i love love that meagan came over to use her talent. don't keep it hidden under a bushel meagan!
Moving IS hard. But, isn't it lovely how many people love you? We love you! Come see us for Thanksgiving! We truly would love to have you! (and if Thanksgiving doesn't work out, please know you are welcome ANYTIME, we would love to see you, my kids will hug you and climb on you and show you all their tricks. :))
ReplyDelete