My sisters all came to visit this week and really encouraged me to work on my blog again. I got out of the habit over a year ago because I felt like my life just got too boring, but I live in this city now so that can't really be my excuse anymore.
Today before the show our set started to break, we ran out of cookies, and the velvet tuxedo jacket was missing a button. So while I threw trash around the stage, our intern went and bought cookies. Then he helped the producer to fix the set. In the meantime, I put everything where it's supposed to be for top of show, then sewed the button on.
This was the conversation while I was doing that:
"I can't believe you are sewing, that's amazing."
"Ya, it's the second thing she's had to sew this week. She's been doing a lot of sewing."
"Wow, I mean...I would NOT know how to fix that."
What? It's not like I was making a ball gown. I was sewing a button on. A decorative button as it turns out. I'm not sure why the actors were being so weird about my sewing skills, but it did make me feel like kind of a big deal.
Just another day.
yahoo! welcome back!
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing that so many of those relatively simple domestic tasks (like button sewing) are completely foreign to people. Glad you're keeping it alive :)
ReplyDeleteAnd glad to see you blogging again. You're inspiring me. I've been awful lately too! So little time...
So talented! A stage manager must be prepared for any mishap!
ReplyDeleteYou are so talented!! I have learned that a stage manager must be prepared for any little mishap!
ReplyDelete