Tweet This!

Sunday, February 23, 2014

This Is New York.

For those of you that don't know (I can't imagine how you wouldn't know), I get to be an Auntie to these three cuties.


They know that I live in New York.  Audrey uses "New York" as an example of a place really far away.  "We should go home soon or they'll think we went all the way to New York."

I was noticing though, that they didn't really understand what New York was.  Even adults don't really understand.  Heck, sometimes I don't even understand.  So I considered it a sign when I stumbled across this book called This Is New York.


It's a cute little children's book that explains what New York is.  Obviously I bought it and gave it to the kids for Christmas.


We then decided to make a game of it.  The kids would choose one of the places that the book talks about, and I would go there.  The first place they decided to send me:




 That's why I went to Rockefeller Center as soon as I had the time and means.  I took a lot of pictures while I was there (See my post New York Day. On A Tuesday.) and sent them to the kids.





And while I was out and about I grabbed a couple of t-shirts for them.


Don't judge me. That size was the only size on sale.

I'm having fun!  Next stop: Museum of Natural History.









2 comments: