Tweet This!

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Push It

I have been going to a cycling class every Tuesday this semester. Its been pretty intense, but I feel like I'm getting the hang of it. Wait - I felt like I was getting the hang of it.
Today I showed up to class, and a different kid was teaching it. Adam is a cool guy. I know him from some of my classes. He is also a major intense biker. That 60 minutes of cycling class could not have felt any longer. There were like NO breaks, and it was constantly uphill.
Everytime I started slowing down or getting tired he would say, "push yourself, come on push it." I was seriously dying. After a couple of times, "push it" wasn't really inspiring me anymore. So I had to go deep down inside myself and find some strength. That strength was found in picturing a new pair of jeans.


Its amazing how much harder I could push myself after that.

1 comment: