Hmmm, the optimist want to trust everyone until they give you a reason not to, BUT I am too much of a realist and I hate getting burned, so I'd have to say that most of the time I make people earn my trust. Sad, but true.
I don't think it's an either-or situation. I think there's some level of trust that you give somebody right away, but obviously you wouldn't give them your social security number or anything. I mean, we asked a neighbor girl to look after our cat without so much as a glance at her resume.
As you get to know somebody, though, you begin to get an idea of whether they can be trusted with delicate or sensitive information.
Hmmm, the optimist want to trust everyone until they give you a reason not to, BUT I am too much of a realist and I hate getting burned, so I'd have to say that most of the time I make people earn my trust. Sad, but true.
ReplyDeleteI don't think it's an either-or situation. I think there's some level of trust that you give somebody right away, but obviously you wouldn't give them your social security number or anything. I mean, we asked a neighbor girl to look after our cat without so much as a glance at her resume.
ReplyDeleteAs you get to know somebody, though, you begin to get an idea of whether they can be trusted with delicate or sensitive information.