"And I beheld that their mother Gentiles were gathered together upon the waters, and upon the land also, to battle against them. And I beheld that the power of God was with them, and also that the wrath of God was upon all those that were gathered against them to battle. And I, Nephi, beheld that the Gentiles that had gone out of captivity were delivered by the power of God out of the hands of all other nations." -1Ne 13:17-19
What a wonderful day! I loved going to church today and thinking about how blessed we are as a Nation and how great of a responsibility that gives to each of us. We sang the National Anthem as our closing hymn. The scriptures referenced at the bottom were from 1 Nephi and also Alma when Moroni hoisted the title of liberty.

I love that story, but as I was reading it again today, I was reminded of the picture of George Washington.
"And he bowed himself to the earth, and he prayed mightily unto his God for the blessings of liberty to rest upon his brethren, so long as there should a band of Christians remain to possess the land." Alma 46:13
I feel like there are a lot of similarities in these two men. And I appreciate the examples of both of them. To read more about the story behind this picture, read this blog. Awesome.
I have enjoyed the weekend spent with the family of course. Yesterday was the parade and then we went to Wheeler Farm for a picnic and some fun. What a great lookin group!
Robbie fed the ducks out of his hand, after he watched Kat and Cori do it first.
This family loved stripes today.
These two didn't dress alike on purpose. How cute is that?!
Have you ever told someone you were from the US, and had them look at you with a mixture of Awe and Jealousy? It isn't something that you forget. And you shouldn't.



I don't know that I ever have had a situation where I've told someone I was American, but I read books about other counties and situations with religion and women's rights, and discrimination, and I am so thankful for the rights and freedom I have, and the people who sacrificed so I could have it.
ReplyDeleteYeah! I love your patriotic post! Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays :)
ReplyDelete