Tweet This!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Boys...

I'd noticed it before, but never really looked at it. Today I picked up this book from my friend's coffee table and started reading through it. Such simple wisdom that was true in the 1940's and is still true today.

Best advice from the first chapter "How to get him to date you":
  • It is not advisable to consider moving to improve your marital opportunities unless you have family there or at least obtain your parents consent and approval.
  • Do not neglect your girl friends; some of them have brothers; or their boyfriends have friends.
  • Except when you know a man very well, try to have him date you several days in advance. Whether you're busy or not, you want to foster the illusion you're busy.
There are chapters on how to keep him interested, what to do on dates, and how to make up after arguments. What a great find.




1 comment:

  1. I love books like that. I found them highly entertaining (and yes, useful) when I was single and I think they're still entertaining now. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete