Yesterday I had a spur of the moment opportunity to see Waiting For Godot for a relatively low price. Obviously I jumped on it.
I mean who doesn't love these two?
Sir Ian McKellen
Sir Patrick Stewart
Best Buddies.
In case you haven't been following it, these two are best friends in real life and have been posting a lot of fantastic photos during their time here in New York. Google Images.
The play, which I'd never read or seen before, is about waiting. It's about how our lives really are just waiting, but it is what happens in the meantime, and who we wait with that matters the most. These two actors, and the other two supporting actors were incredible. I was laughing out loud for so much of it, and it really is A PLAY ABOUT NOTHING. Nothing happens. The entire time. But I was so entertained.
Most importantly, it made me think about life and myself, and who I am choosing to spend my time with.
Some Quotes:
- "I'm like that. Either I forget right away or I never forget."
- "Let us do something while we have the chance! I tis not every day that we are needed. Not indeed that we personally are needed. Others would meet the case equally well, if not better. To all mankind they were addressed, those cries for help still ringing in our ears! But at this place, at this moment of time, all mankind is us, whether we like it or not. Let us make the most of it, before it is too late!"
- "Don't touch me! Don't question me! Don't speak to me! Stay with me!" "Did I ever leave you?" "You let me go."
- "This is becoming really insignificant."
- "Let us not waste our time in idle discourse."
- "We wait until we can get up, then we go on."
- "I can't go on like this!" "That's what you think."
It is days like today where I feel very lucky to be here right now, doing this.





yayyyy, keep posting! i love this!
ReplyDelete