I left Salt Lake Tuesday morning at 8:20 AM. $261.21 in gas later, I made it to Kent State in Ohio. It was Thursday at 4:30 PM. Wow. A round trip ticket from SLC to Cleveland is like $400. So I think I made a good choice in driving. PS The Civic Rocks!
My first few days of work were tiring, but I'm starting to feel more comfortable. I have one neat roomy who is a cutie, and the other one (who I'll share a room with) should be moving in sometime today. We've been saying that for days now and she still isn't here, but I swear...she HAS to be in by today.
I found a church and was able to go to go to Sacrament before hurrying to work. You'd think that a school as big as Kent would have a church or something, but NO...this isn't Utah. There is a singles branch that meets, but they meet at 11 am so I'd never be able to go. Thats ok..I'll probably crash the Memorial Day pancake breakfast next Monday. Yummy.
I went for a 4 mile run this morning and saw like a tiny bit of the campus. This place is so big. Now I'm in the library on the 9th (out of 15) floor. Its pretty deserted up here and I like it. I'll probably check out a book today, but I have no idea how I'll find what I want in this maze.
Everything is goin splendid. I'm happy for humidity again. My skin doesn't feel like sand paper anymore. Love it.
Sounds like it is going well. I'm glad you like the civic. Sam is LOVING the scooter, I think it is a for sure thing that we'll get one after you come back and rip it out of his grasp.
ReplyDelete