Tweet This!

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Stats

I left Utah on Dec 27 at 8:30 AM and made it to Cleveland on Dec 28 at 9:40 PM.

Time: 27 Hours 4 Minutes
Miles: 1,752.5
Average Mile per Gallon: 18.9 (ouch)
$ on Hotels: 52.86
$ on Gas: 231.30 (double ouch)
$ on Toll Roads: 12.75

It was snowing when I got in, and I live on the 4th floor. I still managed to make 3 trips loading luggage up to my room. It took a few more days and several more trips to finally empty my car completely and unpack everything. I have everything supplied for me here and am even getting by with rabbit ears for TV and the free very low signal internet. We'll see how long that lasts.

I liked my apartment from the start, but as soon as I hung up pictures and changed the blanket on the bed I liked it even more. I've made it my own and I feel much more comfortable now.

I live on the corner of a square that has a grocery store, movie theatre, and restaurants. How convenient! There is also a train stop right across the street that I think comes straight from the airport.



I will most definitely be posting pictures of the theatre I am working in. It was built in 1927 and is VERY historic. Everything I do or look at feels like a history lesson.

3 comments:

  1. your apartment is so stinkin cute!! I can't wait to see it in person. Is there room for a family of four to sleep on the floor? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this made me homesick for new york. what a cute apartment! i can't wait to visit!!!!

    ReplyDelete