Tweet This!

Monday, January 21, 2008

Total Success! (sorta)


So my trip to St. George was a complete success...mostly. The first night was spent eating and hanging out with Katie, Sam and Robbie. Mostly, I was freaking out about the race in the morning.

After a restless sleep, I woke up and realized that I was actually going to run 13.1 miles. I kept asking Katie, “seriously, why do I do these things?” I still don’t have that answer. The run went fairly well. I finished without stopping to walk and cut a whole 15 minutes off of my previous time. Some during the run issues were the following:
Music going out at mile 4
knee hurting at mile 7
knee going numb but ankle hurting at mile 9
wanting to die around mile 11

This is after all of that -



My thoughts here, “are my legs supposed to feel like this?” I don’t think the answer was yes.

I had lunch with the fam then bid them farewell. I went over to a friends house to spend Saturday with them before coming home Sunday. This is where nothing went as planned. Lizzie post-marathon = VERY VERY SICK. I threw up any food that could have possibly been in my body, and anything that I tried to add. I was totally dehydrated so I had a headache and everything. Needless to say, the fun night with long lost friends wasn’t as fun as I would have hoped. I was happy to see them, but I was not fun company.

This morning I woke up completely rejuvenated and had time to go visit Lacee’s (my friend who is on a mission) parents before coming back. We sat and talked for like 2 hours before I decided I should probably head home. We had a quick photo shoot though to remember all of the good times.































In the end I must say it was a pretty good weekend. I accomplished most of what I needed/wanted and took a great trip down memory lane. Man I miss living in St. George! It is so beautiful down there!

No comments:

Post a Comment