Tweet This!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Big Apple

The Pro's and Con's of "touristing" alone.

Pro's
Go wherever you want
Everything is on your own time frame
No wasting time making decisions
No compromises on what show to go see
Its easier to get a good seat in a theatre for one person
It's easy to squeeze one person onto The Late Show
When I want to walk 50 blocks from Central Park to the West Village, I can do that without listening to people complain the whole way about the cold or their tired feet.
When I get a migraine I don't feel obligated to stay out, and I don't feel guilty calling it an early night.

Con's
Nobody to take pictures of/with me.
Nobody to bounce ideas off of.
Nobody but myself to stop me when I start walking the wrong direction, and I usually don't stop me until I've gone the wrong way for 3 or 4 blocks.


That being said, I had a pretty good time hangin out in New York City for two days.




2 comments:

  1. It sounds like it would be kinda fun. Not for every vacation, but once in awhile would be fun.

    ReplyDelete